Disability SA leads strategic planning, policy development, intake and resource allocation for the disability sector in South Australia.
Disability SA also leads funding, contracting and quality monitoring of these services.
Regional offices are located throughout South Australia.
The division provides advice to the South Australian Minister for Disabilities and the Chief Executive of the Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI).
Disability SA provides funding to approved, mainly non-government organisations that provide services to people with disability.
Disability SA coordinates:
- approved disability service providers
- assessing and approving service providers based on quality compliance areas
- monitoring the level and quality of service delivered by funded organisations.
Other areas of work include:
- representing the Department for Communities and Social Inclusion on national working groups
- advising on and coordinating planning for social inclusion of Aboriginal people with disability
- contributing to national disability policy development such as the National Disability Strategy
- working with the Commonwealth Government and other states and territories on developing and implementing major disability reform initiatives, such as the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- managing funding arrangements with the Australian Government through the National Disability Agreement, data collection and activity reporting
- developing policies and implementing a strategic framework for the disability sector
- facilitating the development of across-government Disability Access and Inclusion Plans.
Emergency after-hours service: +61 8 8372 1414
Contact Disability SA
PO Box 70, Rundle Mall
Adelaide SA 5000
Phone: +61 8 8415 4250
Fax: +61 8 8415 4233