If you are a care leaver and need assistance to access services and support to improve your emotional and physical wellbeing, RA SA may be able to help you.
RA SA may be able to help you access services to help you:
- Strengthen or reconnect with family and community
- Access your records
- Access community services and programs to meet your needs that include:
- Health/medical disability
- Housing and financial management
- Life and parenting skills
- Identity and relationships
- Finding family - for support to do this, please call Find and Connect support service in your area on free call number: 1800 161109 and access the Find and Connect Web Resource in your area too:
- read information about and view images of children's homes
- get help to find records about your childhood in 'care'
- connect with support groups and services in your state/territory
You are eligible for our services, if you were in care as a child for a period of 6 months or more in South Australia.
You can request post care support for information, advocacy and referral if you are aged 18 years or over and your personal history includes experience:
- As a "Ward of the State"
- Under the "Guardianship of the Minister"
- In care under a care and protection order
- In care under a secure custody order
- Placed in foster care
- In institutional care in Children's Homes
- In an orphanage.