- Contacts and locations
- Engagement and consultation
- Policies and guidelines
- Publications and resources
Access and inclusion plans
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 to 2018
- Our vision - Disability Access and Inclusion Plan
- Disability access and inclusion context
- South Australians living with disability
- Departmental profile - staff with disability
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan outcomes
- Outcome 1: inclusive and accessible communities
- Outcome 2: economic security and employment
- Outcome 3: rights protection, justice and legislation
- Outcome 4: personal and community support
- Outcome 5: learning and skills
- Outcome 6: health and wellbeing
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan development and implementation
- ASSIST Therapy Services
- Child and Youth Services
- Exceptional Needs Unit
- Moving On Program
- Office of the Senior Practitioner
ASSIST Therapy Services physiotherapy
Physiotherapists in ASSIST Therapy Services work with people living with disability to achieve their movement goals. Our physiotherapists will provide input and advice on:
Our physiotherapists work with you to improve your mobility, both at home and in the community. We aim to improve your abilities, as well as your confidence, through a range of methods including:
- assessing and goal setting
- strengthening and balance-focused exercise plans
- mobility training and support
- assistive mobility aids, including walking sticks, walking frames and wheelchairs
- orthotic devices, including ankle foot orthoses, shoe inserts and medical grade footwear
- educating about and implementing assistive strategies for falls prevention.
Transfers and manual training
We work with you to ensure your transfers throughout the day are performed safely and confidently.
Your physiotherapist will discuss your requirements with you and provide support by:
- assessing transfers and manual tasks
- educating, training , and making recommendations for you and those involved in your care
- providing assistive devices and equipment as appropriate
- developing exercise and strengthening plans.
Strength, balance and flexibility
Our physiotherapists can help you to improve your strength, balance and flexibility, to maximise your independence and abilities. Your physiotherapy assessment will involve:
- discussing your lifestyle and therapy goals
- designing personal exercise plans
- regularly reviewing goals and therapy programs.
Positioning, posture and pressure care
Our physiotherapists help you to achieve optimal comfort, essential for good quality of life. We provide input, education, advice and equipment to support positioning and posture throughout the day, as well as incorporating strategies to minimise pressure risk in your daily routine.
ASSIST Therapy Services physiotherapists work with you to manage your respiratory conditions through:
- assessing your needs
- providing personalised breathing exercise and chest clearance techniques
- positioning to maximise air entry.
Respiratory care requires a letter and referral by a medical officer.
Contact ASSIST Therapy Services
Phone 1300 745 477 or +61 8 8266 5260
Contact Disability Information Service
Phone 1300 786 117 (9.00 am to 5.00 pm)