- Public Service Guarantee
- Departmental legislative framework
- Freedom of information, open government and privacy
- Innovation Hub
- Key strategies and plans
- Social Media
Annual Report 2015-16
DCSI Annual Report
The Annual Report for the South Australian Department for Communities and Social Inclusion for the year ending 30 June 2016.
Alternatively, the report can be downloaded in sections:
Chief Executive, Tony Harrison, reflects on the achievements of the Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI) during 2015-16.
DCSI brings together a range of services, funding and policy responsibilities which together support safety, equality, opportunity and justice across South Australia..
The department’s contribution towards whole-of-government objectives over the past 12 months including the seven strategic priorities and South Australia’s Strategic Plan.
The department’s activities during 2015-16 in its key service areas including disability policy, funding and services; social housing and homelessness; affordable living programs; youth justice; domestic violence; problem gambling; grants to community organisations; screening services and disaster relief and recovery. The report also highlights outcomes in the department’s lead policy areas of women, multicultural affairs, youth and volunteers and activities to build thriving communities and promote resilience.
A statistical overview of the department’s progress against the objectives in the Strategic Plan 2014-2018 and selected targets of South Australia’s Strategic Plan.
The department is guided by key corporate governance arrangements and many of the services we deliver are bound by legislative requirements.
The department’s action over the past 12 months against various initiatives including Reconciliation, supporting carers and reducing the environmental impact of government activities.
DCSI is one of the largest South Australian Government departments with just under 5,000 employees. The department values its workforce and offers employees a wide variety of career prospects, promotional opportunities and professional development, and encourages a healthy work life balance.
Outcomes during 2015-16 in relation to expenditure on consultants, overseas travel and fraud.
A comprehensive report of the department’s financial performance, which complies with relevant Treasurer’s Instructions issued under section 41 of the Public Finance and Audit Act 1987, and any relevant Australian accounting standards.
Location and contact details including Housing SA, Disability Services and Domiciliary Care.
Common acronyms used in the annual report.
Annual Report Archives
- DCSI-Annual-Report-2014-15-full-colour.pdf (PDF File 5.6 MB)
- DCSI-Annual-Report-2014-15-black-and-white.pdf (PDF File 5.7 MB)
- DCSI-Annual-Report-2013-14-full-colour.pdf (PDF File 2.8 MB)
- DCSI-Annual-Report-2013-14-black-and-white.pdf (PDF File 3.9 MB)
- 2012-13 DCSI-Annual-Report-full-colour.pdf (PDF File 2.5 MB)
- 2012-13 DCSI-Annual-Report-black-and-white.pdf (PDF File 6.6 MB)
- 2011-12 DCSI Annual Report (colour) (PDF File 4.3 MB)
- 2011-12 DCSI Annual Report (black and white) (PDF File 5.5 MB)
- 2010-11 DFC Annual Report (colour) (PDF File 4.5 MB)
- 2010-11 DFC Annual Report (black and white) (PDF File 8.3 MB)
- 2009-10 Second Addendum to DFC Annual Report: Overseas Travel (PDF File 88.3 KB)
- 2009-10 First Addendum to DFC Annual Report: Families SA statistics (PDF File 124.8 KB)
- 2009-10 DFC Annual Report (colour) (PDF File 2.0 MB)
- 2009-10 DFC Annual Report (black and white) (PDF File 1.6 MB)
- 2008-09 DFC Annual Report (colour) (PDF File 944.8 KB)
- 2008-09 DFC Annual Report (black and white) (PDF File 906.9 KB)
- 2007-08 DFC Annual Report (colour) (PDF File 1.6 MB)
- 2007-08 DFC Annual Report (black and white) (PDF File 1.2 MB)
- 2006-07 DFC Annual Report (PDF File 1.4 MB)
- 2005-06 DFC Annual Report (PDF File 2.1 MB)
- 2004-05 DFC Annual Report (PDF File 1.2 MB)