- Public Service Guarantee
- Departmental legislative framework
- Freedom of information, open government and privacy
- Key strategies and plans
- Social Media
Postal address: GPO Box 292, Adelaide SA 5001
Phone: +61 8 8413 8139
Carer Gateway - a national service that provides practical information and resources to support carers.
SA Government website (sa.gov) - Carers - Information for carers, including foster carers.
Carer Support Network SA - network of statewide carer support organisations.
Carer Support Finder - Search map of SA carer support services.
Financial assistance for carers - financial assistance for carers available through Centrelink.
Carers SA - represents and provides valued service and support to family carers across the state.
Carers - list of programs and services on the Commonwealth Department of Social Services website.
The Department for Communities and Social Inclusion administers the South Australian Carers Recognition Act 2005 and works with other State Government agencies to improve the focus and response of government to the issues of carers.
Carers Recognition Act 2005
The Carers Recognition Act 2005 requires State Government agencies to:
- ensure its staff and associates are aware of carers' needs
- reflect the principles of the Carers Charter in government-run and government-funded services that impact on carers
- ensure carers are consulted in the planning, delivery and review of policies and programs that affect them.
Copies of the Act and Carers Charter are available here.
We Care Plan
We Care - Our Plan for South Australian Carers is the State Government's strategic plan for carers. It was launched in October 2014. Building on commitments made under the Act, We Care sets out a number of priorities that address:
- support for carers working in government agencies
- the social, emotional and physical needs of carers
- increasing choices for carers
- the specific needs of Aboriginal carers, young carers and carers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- carers' needs after transitioning from a caring role.
Information for young carers
NDIS: Impact on young carers fact sheet - The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is a new system providing support and services to people with significant and permanent disability. It will also affect the supports available for young carers.